Prof. dr. D.C. van der Zee
Prof. dr. D.C. van der Zee
BIG nr. 49025087201
Professor Dr. D. C. van der Zee has been a pediatric surgeon since 1991. He has been involved in minimal invasive surgery in children and neonates as of the late 1980-ies and has published over 150 peer reviewed papers, many of them on endoscopic surgery. Education in endoscopic surgery has always been an important issue in his career. He has always been involved in education and training in IPEG, EAES, the Dutch Society of Endoscopic Surgery and his University Hospital.The Department is an (inter-)national recognized Centre of Expertise for Esophageal Atresia and Upper Airway Pathology. They take part in the European Collaboration for Rare Diseases (ERNICA). He gave Keynote Lectures at JSES in Japan, at ELSA in Taiwan, Irkutsk in Russia and in Buenos Aires in Argentina. He gave lectures and hand-on courses all around the world including Hawaii, Bali, Singapore, Myanmar, Wuhan, Buenos Aires, Sydney, Bangkok and Beijing. He gave the Storz lecture at BAPS in Amsterdam in July 2016. He has been awarded Honorary memberships in ANZAPS, The Russian Federation of Pediatric Surgery and ESPES. He currently is editor in several international journals and is Past-President of IPEG. With his formal retirement he now serves as a consultant for the Department of Pediatric Surgery in Utrecht and patient societies for esophageal atresia (VOKS, EAT).
Wetenschappelijk onderzoek en publicaties uitklapper, klik om te openen
- Effecten CO2 insufflatie op wondgenezing bij minimaal invasieve procedures
- De effecten van anti-reflux chirurgie op zuigelingen en kinderen met gastro-oesophageale reflux ziekte
- D.C. van der Zee, R.E. Poelmann, C. Vermeij-Keers et al. Materno-embryonic transfusion and congenital malformations. J Pediatr Surg 1988:23:266-269.
- D.C. van der Zee, N.M.A. Bax, B.M. Ure, M.G. Besselink, D.F. Pakvis. Long-term results after laparoscopic Thal procedure in children. Seminars in Laparoscopic Surgery 2002;9:168-71.
- D.C. van der Zee, N.M.A. Bax. Establishment of a training program for pediatric endosurgery. Surg Endosc 2003,supp 17:S52.
- D.C. van der Zee, N.M.A Bax. Thoracoscopic treatment of esophageal atresia and of tracheomalacia. Seminars Pediatr Surg 2007;16:224-30.
- David C. van der Zee, Daisy Vieirra-Travassos, William L.M. Kramer, Stefaan H.A.J. Tytgat. Thoracoscopic elongation of the esophagus in long gap esophageal atresia. J Pediatr Surg 2007;42:1785-8.
- David C. van der Zee, D. Vieirra-Travassos, S.H.A.J. Tytgat, J.R. de Jong. A novel technique for risk caculation of anastomotic leakage after thoracoscopic repair for esophageal atresia with distal fistula. World J Surg 2008, DOI 10.1007/s00268-007-9407-6.
- D.C. van der Zee. Laparoscopic Repair of Duodenal Atresia: Revisited. World J Surg 2011;35(8):1781-4
- D.C. van der Zee, S.H. Tytgat, S. Zwaveling, M.Y. van Herwaarden, D. Vieira- Travassos. Learning Curve of Thorascopic Repair of Esophageal Atresia. World J Surg 2012, DOI 10.1007/s00268-012-1651-8